Looking for a low-impact cardio workout, or starting a fitness program? The Precor UBK 835 Upright Bike is an excellent choice. It is the exact same commercial bike used in fitness centers worldwide, with a variety of programs, features and custom-designed handlebars to make your ride more comfortable.
The Precor UBK 835 upright bike is one of Precor’s commercial upright bikes with 12 programs, 25 resistance levels, touch and telemetry heart rate monitoring with SmartRate. The seat and pedals can be replaced with your own for a custom feel and ride. The 835 also features 3-position handlebars for upright, cruising and road positions, dual sided pedals and K.O.P.S. biomechanics.
Handlebars Handlebar design offers three riding positions – upright, cruising, and road. The overall width of the handlebars places the user in better ergonomic position with the forearms more directly under the shoulders. In the road position, the ergonomic-shaped handlebars position the wrists in a natural, neutral position.
Seat Ergonomic seat design with comfort groove. 10.5 inches (27 cm) width that quickly tapers to a narrow nose for improved riding comfort. Universal seat post allows easy installation of your own saddle.
Biomechanics KOPS Biomechanics (Knee Over Pedal Spindle) – to achieve proper pedaling biomechanics, the seat post and seat post offset from the crank is key to aide in efficient pedaling and reduced shear force on the knee. The seat post angle is 74 degrees with a 5 inch (13 cm) offset from the crank axle. This places the forward knee directly over the ball of the foot (or pedal spindle) when the pedals are in a horizontal position.
Bearings The bottom bracket assembly uses a hardened steel shaft with deep-groove sealed precision ball bearings designed for smooth operation and exceptional service life.
Pedals Dual-sided pedals can be used without the pedal straps. The extra wide pedal comfortably accommodates feet of all sizes.
Frame Two-step powder-coating process applies rust-resistant undercoat and cosmetic topcoat to steel frame.
Seat Adjustment New, convenient seat adjustment allows the user to easily change the seat to their desired height, either on or off the bike.
Covers Covers are attached with minimal hardware and can be removed without taking off the pedals or cranks.
- Transport Wheels Integrated
- Cable Management Optional
- Universal Seat Mount Yes
3-Piece Crank 3-piece compact crank assembly tightens positively, reducing the need for periodic adjustments. The 170 mm crank arm accepts any standard road or mountain bike pedal.
Drive System The two-stage drive system yields a smooth, comfortable, quiet operation with a lower start-up resistance and more consistent resistance progression than single-stage drive systems.
3-Phase Generator 3-phase generator / eddy current resistance system requires no backup battery in order to efficiently power the bike.
Belt Drive Belt drive for smoother, quieter operation and reduced maintenance.
- Resistance Levels 25
- Minimum Watts 18 (level 1 at 20 RPM)
- Maximum Watts 750 (level 25 at 150 RPM)
- Console Type Large LED Display
- Tap Control No
- Tactile Dome Keys Yes
- QuickStart™ Yes
- Numeric Keypad Yes
- Units Selection Metric or U.S. Standard
- Preset Programs Manual
- Cross Country
- Weight Loss
- Interval 1:1 1:2 1:3
- Heart Rate Control
- Basic HRC
- Fitness Test
- Hill Climb
- Watts Control
- Console Language(s) Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Maximum Pause Time (Pause) 30 seconds
- Electronic Readouts Resistance Level Distance, RPM, Speed Calories Heart Rate Time Remaining, Time Elapsed Time in Zone, Segment Time Remaining, Average Speed, Calories / minute,
- Calories / hour, Watts, METS, Target HR, Average HR, % Complete Workout Profile Workout Summary
- Maximum Workout Time unlimited
HEART RATE MONITORING
Touch Yes. Touch heart rate sensors conveniently located on the handlebars in both the upright and road positions.
Telemetry Yes. Integrated telemetry heart rate reads heart rate from a user’s heart rate chest strap.
INTEGRATED ENTERTAINMENT OPTIONS
- Reading Rack Integrated
- Personal Viewing Screen (PVS) (Specification) 15in. Screen
- Personal Viewing System (PVS) + Personal Entertainment Player (PEP) (iPod® compatibility) Optional
- Entertainment Cap / Wireless Receiver Optional
- CSAFE Ready Yes
- FitLinxx Compatible Yes
- Diagnostics Ability to set club parameters, e.g. limit exercise time, set default language and pause time.
- EQUIPMENT SPECIFICATIONS
- Maximum User Weight (lbs / kg) 350 lbs / 159 kg
- User Height Range (inches / cm) 58 to 78 / 147 to 198
- Crank Width 19 / 7.5
- Resistance Range 25
- 18 (level 1 at 20 RPM)
- 750 (level 25 at 150 RPM)
EQUIPMENT DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
- Length 48 inches / 122 cm
- Width 21 inches / 53 cm
- Height 62 inches / 157 cm
- Height with PVS 72 inches / 183 cm
- Equipment Weight 160 lbs / 73 kg
SHIPPING DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
- Length 51.5 inches / 131 cm
- Width 28 inches / 71 cm
- Height 54 inches / 137 cm
- Shipping Weight 178 lbs / 81 kg